Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Melbourne

I spent the day in Melbourne and had a super time. I had free dinner at the hostel which is a nice bonus to staying at Nomad's. Actually, for $4 you get an entree portion of their free night. Last night was pizza and so as I happily ate pizza and read a book, I decided to go exploring after dinner to check out the area.
Had I not eaten, I could have had a wonderful meal at the Victoria Street Market. This place is filled with eateries, candles, soaps, massage therapists, wine, etc. I loved the people watching aspect of it and ran into Ricki from Germany while I was perusing the stands. Ricki was one of my sharemates at the hostel in Apollo Bay as well. She is a cool chick, traveling on her own and I enjoyed our conversations last weekend. We are going to try to meet up in Perth in January. Speaking of January, I had hoped to fly from Perth instead of Sydney, but I can't do it like that. I can change the date of travel for a fee, but not the departure city. Oh, well, it still works.
I had a tarot reading at the market and was pleased with the results. I have been reading a lot about healing, journeys and spiritual guidance in general and felt drawn to this woman. I wasn't disappointed either.
When I returned to the hostel and prepared for bed, the fire alarm went off. I couldn't believe it and so I unpacked the necessary items that I can't live without and headed outside. I know that it was irresponsible, but I didn't smell gas or smoke. I got outside and they told us to go back in. 3 fire trucks were on the scene and apparently some intelligent being sprayed too much deoderant in their room which set off the alarm. Pretty smart, huh?
Today, i will check out Melbourne and tomorrow I am headed to the vineyards....

6 comments:

Robin said...

test

Robin said...

Ok, I jsut typed for 15 minutes and it didnt go...........I even tried to spell correctly.

We will try again later

Jadey said...

Okay, I need some help with address's. I need Tom and Jan's; Grandma Ford's, and Aunt Bryn's. Harm, I realize you don't have these, but I know your blog followers can help me out. Email me jadwag1@yahoo.com with the adderss's
Thanks Jade

Jadey said...

Oh, if anybody has Vino's that would be great
Jadey

Shari said...

Harmony,

I have had much more luck on the search today. I just figured out that Barossa is an area, not a town. There are many options in that area. There is a public bus called Barossa Valley Coaches that runs from Adelaide to the Barossa area towns. It leaves Adelaide at 12:30 and 5:30 Monday -Friday. It returns to Adelaide 9:00am and 3:30 pm Monday-Friday. I still haven't figured out where the other Penfold vineyard is located, but it looks like there are plenty of places to stay. Do you want to be out in the Barossa area or stay in Adelaide? I will keep looking for the perfect place. I guess it's really just two nights...how much harm could I do?
I found a lot more places now that I know what I'm looking for.

Talk soon,
Love Shari

harmony said...

jade--
bryns address is 2902 Depew St
Wheat Ridge, CO 80214

Tom and Jan's is
3624 W Bohl St
Laveen AZ
85339---I think...look it up on the internet for Laveen AZ

I think I have Vino's in my backpack at the hostel...sorry..