Sunday, December 9, 2007

Rain, but still the flies persist

YEsterday, I had grand plans of riding to the waterfalls. They look pretty intense and worth the hike. So, I had breakfast, showered and got mentally prepared for my day. It began to rain, hard. I thought I could wait it out and then it rain again. Off and on about 5 times and so I opted for a hike up to Mariner's Lookout which was great and I was able to do it in between down pours.
Today, it will rain, again, but I am determined to go to the waterfalls. Or, I could go tomorrow, but they have nice walks/hikes around and I want to do something. Yesterday, was a day for resting/soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Oh, and i have a nice strip of burnt skin on my lower back where i missed the lotion. I needed to rest that area.
Have a wonderful day and I hope that you are enjoying the football.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Hi Harmony-I finally got caught up on your blog, wow, I have missed alot. I started reading about mindnight last night after working on my homework all day and night. Enjoy the warmth and sun, it is cold and snowy here in MN.

I talked with my brother Tom today, he is always good for a good belly laugh or two. He is doing well.

Stef is in finals weeks as well, she was rushing around yesterday trying to pull her journal together that was due that night. I told her I can relate to procrastination, that is why I am glued to this table today. Her little tummy is growing, not much, I cant wait to see that grandson of ours in March!!

Terry and I went to a lunch today for the veterans, Terry's Dad is a vet, it is always interesting. Terry and I are the youngest ones there, and we are 50!! I love his Dad, he is 76, fighting cancer and still a go getter. He still hunts and fishes, (bow and arrow) and is not going to give up. He has this beautiful head of white hair and rosey cheeks.

The bridge in Sydney looks spectacular, and what is that bulding by the bridge? I hear jobs are plentiful in Sydney, do you check into things like that while your on your travels? I wonder what salaries and cost of living are there. It all looks so nice. Next week, when I am done with school, I hope to explore some of these ares's you talk about.

Better get back to homework, sounds like your enjoying your trip, continue to have fun.

Robin

harmony said...

Robin--
I am still in Apollo Bay which is along the Great Ocean Road. I enjoy it here since it isn't overrun by other travelers. The hostel is clean and feels homey. I think that I could probably stay here for 2 months purely because of that.
Howis Steffany doing with the pregnancy? I remember how Jade glowed while she was pregnant with both of her kids. It is such an amazing time for a woman. I am glad that her boyfriend is helping, too.
Take care and the bridge is awesome. I am returning to Sydney next year since I will spend NEw Year's in Perth or somewhere out west.
Take care--
Harmony
Jade really wanted to go to Las Vegas for your 50th---we all need to plan a holiday next year to catch up and create a memory!