Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas from the Beach....

Margaret River is an impressive beach. I am staying, literally, on the beach, with a hostel full of surfers. They walk about 1 mile to their beach and I can walk about 5 mintues to get to mine. The water is a bit cold, but I am enjoying the Indian Ocean for the first time in my life. It's awesome.
Yesterday, I had a chill day with fellow travelers. I have befriended a scots man, one from the UK and one German. We seem to gravitate towards each other at meals and breaks. There are two guys from Alaska sharing my dorm room. They are quite nice, but they snore--LOUDLY--and a lot. There is also a german lady in our room, too. I have loved the beach and the calmness of the area.
I went on a wine tour on Christmas Eve and wasn't too impressed by the wines. Not to mention, I ate kangaroo at lunch and it didn't agree with me. I suppose that I should stick to things I know while traveling in Australia in preparation for South Africa and South America. Anyways, I was able to enjoy a nice blend from the Barossa Valley for xmas eve and yesterday, I opted to just enjoy the beach and reflect on life. It was nice to get a tan, too.
I can finally view my blog from this hostel and so I wanted to update you on my whereabouts and future. I leave for Bunbury tomorrow, which is also on the coast, south of Perth. I will be there until New Year's Eve and then I will bus it up to Perth in preparation for the celebration. Until then, I will continue to enjoy the beach, sun and life. I hope that you are all warm and safe and that you have enjoyed the holidays thus far. I can't wait to return for a proper thanksgiving dinner, xmas eve green chile and of course, my month long venture of mexican food. Take care!

2 comments:

LaVay said...

harmony
Happy Holidays what a great way to spend the holidays warm weather, the water so much better than snow and ice. Been thinking about you often Just not very good on the computer so Steve gave me step by step directions. We had a very nice Christmas Tommy was here and I made prime rib for the first time really awesome. Stay safe love Lavay

harmony said...

Lavay--
Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am glad that you are doing well and that you enjoyed xmas. Yes, I absolutely loved the beach and I have just arrived in Bunbury where the beach looks promising as well.
Tell Tommy and Steve hello--
Harmony