Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Denver and trying to get online and the result of the mosquito bite

I returned to Denver in time for basketball to begin. I watched the KU game at the hotel in Santa Fe and then drove to Denver. It was a pleasant drive and I knew that I would have the element of surprise on my side.
I walked into the Falling Rock and ordered a beer from my friend, Fosh. He jumped on the bar so that I could give him a hug and it felt great to be back in Denver. I went to dinner with Pocketsize and Steve. We briefly saw GQ and then I went to the Bull and Bush to surprise Jimmy love JOnes. He had no idea that I was back in Denver and it was awesome to see his face when I walked into the bar.
Since then I have stayed with him and my aunt. I am hoping that someone knows someone that needs a roommate. I would like to stay in Denver, work and readapt to being here. It is difficult to return after 5 months. I suppose that I shouldn't be too surprised since life goes on for everyone. While I was out soul searching, life continued here. I feel welcome and I did work on Saturday morning. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to multitask with all of my serenity. I am tring to be positive, reflect and adjust. I am fortunate to have my friends in Denver and I know this.
I picked up my laptop at Bryn's house and tried to go on-line at Jimmy's apartment. He lives by a coffee shop that fortunately enabled me to go on-line. I need to find a place that feels like it is mine. Traveling has made me live out of my bag and I am still doing it here.
I asked my aunt to look at the notorious moquito bite since I discovered another breakout on my inner thigh. Bryn is a massage therarpist and my resident go to doctor. She looked at my ass and freaked out. She told me that I should go to the doctor and I suggested that I look into acupuncture first. She has a friend and I have a friend and so I called Dustin, my male massage therapist who also does acupuncture, and he saw me yesterday. He looked at the bites and told me that I had been bitten by a BROWN RECLUSE. I cannot believe that I have been walking around with spider toxin for 3 months. He told me that some spiders lay eggs--CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT ABOUT THAT ONE. He did acupuncture and suggested some essential oils. The recent outbreak looks much better and I have some tape on my ears. I look like a wounded dog, without the lamp shade. I feel better though.
I called my friend, Jan, in Phoenix and she said--go to the doctor, now, since you could die. I told her that I should have kicked it in Australia when it happened. I guess my immune system is good.
I hope to check this more often when I am more settled and with a secure connection.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Harmony-All I can see is you running around like our puppies when they have wounds, the lamp shade and all!! So, spider bites, do you know where you picked them up at?? I guess when you travel the world anything can happen. Welcome home anyway, I hope you find a place of your own, I know living out of a bag is not fun for extended periods. We have a spare room if ever in need, we would love to have you, anytime.

Just wanted to welcome you home.
Robin

harmony said...

I am so used to living out of a bag that I wouldn't know how to act with the normalcy or stability of a home.
I was bit in Australia on January 31st in Perth. I was proactive with alcohol, papaya salve and tea tree salve. I think that because of that it saved me.
I needed a personal story to share with everyone and I suppose the spider bite on my ass is amusing as anything!
I hope that you are well and look forward to carching up!