Sunday, March 2, 2008

still in costa rica

COsta Rica has been fun. We spent the night in Dominical and it was fantastic! Rustic, unpaved roads and not that many tourists. I loved being able to walk around and not be suffocated by the throngs of Americans. If you were here, you would understand.
Everyone speaks english and I am trying to continue to speak spanish. It is interesting. We drove to Cartago, which is south of San Jose to spend the night and currently, we are at, Britt Coffee plantation, loving life and coffee.
Tomorrow, Shari will return to the STates and I leave early on Tuesday morning for Belize. I am excited that I will not be staying at any other hostels until I am stateside.
Thank you all for your toasts and love--we felt it. The energy in COsta Rica has been fulfilling.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Well girls, on your final night I hope you are enjoying the incredible scenry and the great food. I agree with Jadey, it is fun to read your blog and read all the support from everyone. And it seems like if you miss a day or two of reading you wonder if everything is ok, and that it is a must to read the blog when you get home that night, no matter the time of night it is.

I talked to a guy in florida last week. He shared some stories with me about his two little girls. He woke them up early one morning, packed some food and blankets and headed to the beach along with the wife and watched the sun come up. He woke them up the other night so they could experience the eclipse. It reminded me of Stef and her Dad, they sat in the garage in lawn chairs and watched every storm roll by, one of her favorite memories. The stories really melted my heart, it was great to hear them last week.

Shari it is raining and freezing today, so bring some of that warmth and sunshine home with you.

Have a great last evening together, I know you will Love you both.
Robin

harmony said...

thank you Robin, for your nice sentiments and care. We did have a nice evening, but the chicken was awful. We both felt jipped since the guidebook had been spot on most of the way.
It is hot here and I cannot believe that I will be stateside in a week. I do not know what to do.