Wednesday, March 12, 2008

not in debt.....YEAH!!!

I decided to look at my balance to the Chase credit card that I had specifically for the trip and discovered that I am not in debt. Dad, don't worry, I am not in financial ruin. This convinced me that not only could I do it once, but some other time in life. I FEEL AWESOME.
I made it back to Phoenix and met Jan and Sandy at Los Dos Molinos for mexican food. I felt honored to eat mexican food at my favorite place in Phoenix. I am in such a great mood knowing that I didn't create massive debt where I would have to slave away the rest of my existence.
I want to reflect on the trip and what it meant to me, but it will take awhile. I learned a lot about myself--mostly, that I could do it. I have the confidence to travel and be free from the confines of normal life. It is okay to travel and live. It feels wonderful to meet people and taste life.
I urge all of you to do something different this year. The Dalai Lama said," once a year, go someplace you've never been before" and " Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to achieve it" and I support both of these principles. Life is too short to just be.
Thank you for supporting me in my quest of discovery. I feel blessed to have friends like you.

No comments: