Sunday, January 1, 2012

happiness

It's here.  Happy 2012!  Beautiful morning, coffee and made myself breakfast.  Scrambled eggs with jalapenos, onions, zucchini and peppers.  Yummy.  Yes, this is going to be a spectacular year. 
Last night, I worked and although it was not as busy as I had hoped it would be, it was still pleasant and I toasted the new year with sam adams.  My boss thought it would be different to have a beer toast instead of the traditional champagne.  I agreed.  We are a beer bar. 
I drove home and the minute I entered Tempe, there were police everywhere.  The block party was part of the increased feel of police and it was a holiday.  I arrived safely at my house and reflected on the last year before going to bed.  As previously noted, 2011 was about personal growth, adaptation and compassion.  I feel I greatly benefitted and am now ready for something different.  I feel fantastic about the possibilities of 2012. 
There is running (always and with the Goddess), wine inspired weekends/trips and a friend is getting married in September.  Somehow, I agreed to be her maid of honor.  I am out of practice in that regard and lately, been reminded how "earthy" I am.  Translation--not that girlie or equipped for the shopping for dresses aspect of the wedding.  I can plan a fantastic dinner but the whole let's go gab and shop is out of my realm of expertise.  I think I have been referred to as "granola" lately, too.  Whatever.
I am excited for their nuptials but they fall a week before my birthday and I had hoped to celebrate in Napa as Brian would have been 30 this year and that seems like the ideal place to toast his birthday./  Shari and I discussed a potential celebratory spot before I remembered I had other commitments.  Still, I might be able to do both.  Just need to make it work with the job.
I must reflect later on this.  Works calls....

No comments: