Saturday, August 22, 2009

I have heart....






Yesterday, the ultimate running chick, Morgan, at Caution Redhead Running tagged me for the Show your Heart post. First, thank you, Morgan, for inspiring me to be creative and reveal my heart to my friends.

The tag reads--With as much creativity as you can muster, show your heart in a picture, poem, a song (or a piece of music), a phrase (or quote), an item of clothing, a place and (just for fun) a Disney Princess.

My heart in a photo--
Literally, El Bariloche, Argentina. I did a dayhike, in spanish, no less, but we came upon the Isla de Corazon. It was insanely beautiful.

Photo of Brian and me. Brian was my heart and I have so many pictures that would illustrate the love we shared for each other. He showed me what it was to be loved and to fully enjoy life. Ironically, our dating anniversary is August 28th. Every year I celebrate in a different city at a fantastic restaurant. Boston is my choice for this year and it should be stellar. I will write, at length, the entire experience of Maine, Boston, wine and food. I cannot wait.

My heart in a poem--
Brian wrote me this in 2003. It is stained with wine, but still holds a special place in my room.
Brian's Recipe for love--
I recommend this recipe for friends to enjoy time and again. The taste of this dish will linger until you satisfy your yearning for it. The end result is unforgettable, truly a classic.
Combine your giving, sharing and thoughtfulness, let that rest. If you have the right ratio it should double in size. Next, add your compassion and confidence, along with your awareness. Now for the hardest part, slowly incorporate your intimacy in to the other ingredients. At this point, if your mixture has not separated or broke, everything is perfect. However if you are having problems with keeping it together, you will have to start over again. Don't give up, it may take several attempts before it comes out the way you want. Finally, throw in a pinch of patience and season with hugs and kisses. You have created a delight that will forver fill you with happiness. A recipe that takes only minutes to make, but a thousand lifetimes to master.

My heart in a song--
I love music and can associate many experiences in my life due to songs. Right now, due to my traveling spirit, I think I would go with the Go-Go's--Vacation.
All I ever wanted.
Vacation had to get away...

Again, there are many others...I think of Tom Petty's, Into the Great Wide Open, Reflections, by the Supremes or Road Tripping, by the Chili Peppers. I am all over the place, today.

My heart in a quote--
The purpose of life is to live it,
to taste experience to the utmost,
to reach out eagerly and without fear
for newer and richer experience--Eleanor Roosevelt

Or simply--Carpe Diem!

I believe in living each day, fully. Experiencing life, risking, traveling, tasting, being, not being sedentary.

My heart in an item of clothing--
I thought about showing some shorts since I wear them yearround, but lately, I have gotten a lot of grief regarding my shoes.
So, here are the said sandals and my old bar shoes--that I wore until they completely broke. They are so comfortable. I am rough on my shoes--I know it!

My heart in a place--
This was a tough one. I love traveling. I decided to go with South Africa. There was so much beauty there and I love this picture of the penguin on the beach. Solitude personified. I dream of returning and exploring more of the country. Plus, sometimes, I feel that the photo is a good representation of me and my aimless wandering.

My heart as a Princess---
Part of me would like to say, Ariel, since, like Redhead Running and Ariel, I am away from my family. I was the first to leave the roost and I have never regretted that decision.
I keep hearing, A Whole New World, and so I guess I should say--Jasmine, from Aladdin, purely for the musical content. I did not grow up in a castle, guarded from life. But, I enjoy the song and my little sister's name is Jasmin Star. And, I love traveling, everywhere, but I would love to one day go to Morocco or the Casbah and be surrounded by markets, spice, amazing food/vendors and people everywhere. I guess I would go with Jasmine.

Thank you, Morgan, for this lovely tag--you rock! Oh, and I like the orange ginger nuun. I checked it out earlier today and felt super hydrated at the end of my run.
I now tag--
Rachel, at Rachel's Carrma
Jun Bullan, at the World n Me
Scarlethue, at A Beautiful Truth
Nancy, at Life in the Second Half

Thanks everyone for seeing my heart:) Because I am lazy and tired, the photos are in the reverse order at the top. Obvioulsy, the shoes are a dead giveaway to the item of clothing, right?
Be well, enjoy and have heart.
Or, as Shari likes to say--Success is happiness of heart---I almost put that as my quote~~since I wholeheartedly agree!

7 comments:

DollsAndSpooks said...

hello! i wish i could travel too, like you. your brian sounds like a sweetie, take care of each other. enjoy always....

charmedwishes18.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

This was such a touching peek into your heart. Thanks so much for sharing!

Also thanks so much for tagging me! I am truly honored. I don't always do awards, but this tag looks fun. Thank you!

Jen Feeny said...

Loved your heart!!! Absolutely awesome quote too! Def writing that one down. Thanks for humoring me and sharing. I so can't wait to meet up when I hit Denver! :)

harmony said...

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate the kind words.
Yes, my life with Brian was utterly amazing, travel friendly and filled with food.
glad you like the quote, Morgan, and yes, November will be great. Running, stories and I hope you like wine:)

harmony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jun said...

hmmm...thank you for sharing your creative heart...

Sorry for visiting your site only now. I wish I have more time to read all the blogs I'm following and of course to travel like you.

Anyway I'll post a blog regarding 'my heart'...happy trip to all your travels.

Rachael @ The Little Birdie said...

I loved reading this about you! :) Thanks for sharing and thanks for tagging me too. I finally got my own post up today if you want to check it out. :)