Thursday, July 15, 2010

Agnese's last night

Parking Ticket--this is why I do not drive downtown...it is a waste.
Normally, I walk.
I take the bus.
I return in a cab or in a friend's car.
My intention, tonight, was to have a few beers, early, and return, safely to my house. I didn't count on not paying the meter. I had a prime spot, right in front of the Falling Rock. I added money. I was honest.
Yet, I got a ticket. I was 3 minutes over the limit. I watched the parking jeep pass me by. Honestly, that would be the worst possible job. I do not know anyone that likes a meter maid. After tonight, I want to find officer #46 and choke him. $25 is not a measley amount.
Especially, if you factor in the rest of my night.
Drinks, dinner, tip.....parking ticket....what a joke!
If I refuse to pay it, I run the risk of getting a boot on my car. Since I am unwilling to prolong the unnecessary pain, I will write a check tomorrow and never drive downtown again.
I only wanted to see Agnese before she returned to Italy. If only, it were that simple. I know that her schedule is full, tomorrow, and I was fortunate that she and Goddess were willing to meet me. We agreed on the Falling Rock.
Chips and Salsa (Lindsay's favorite food) and onion rings started the night. A few beers later, we chose, hot wings (for Agnese), french fries and fried mushrooms. I wanted Agnese to enjoy our American fare. The Falling Rock excels with their fries, mushrooms and salsa. I do so love the tomatillo salsa. I have heard their burgers are excellent. I will have to check it out.
And, we were able to have Steve's ear. Slow night. However, we did see some only downtown action....a woman staggers up to the main landing....according to her friends, she was heading towards the bathroom.
We were talking. Immersed in the conversation. We were not paying attention to anything but the conversation. She falls. A loud thump. Liquids released. EMT's deployed. Interesting night downtown.
I am sad that Agnese is leaving. Super bummed.
2011--May-Italian trip is in my sights. I am making it happen.

No comments: