Friday, July 30, 2010

me vs. the sun....I am losing....

Day 4 in the Bahamas. Sun-4...me-1. Day one, I managed to not burn.
Since then, I have fought a losing battle. It is fine. I am a fair skinned person. I do not tan easily; nor, have I ever. I can admit it.
I am disappointed that the sunblock 85--yes, 85--is not holding up. Somehow, I have managed since Wednesday morning, to continually burn. At this point, I wear a tank top to cover the already damaged exposed portion of my back. We went snorkeling today at Nirvana. I lathered up (severely) and went snorkeling. We sat in a bar and I could feel the hotness on my shoulders and neck. We returned to Shar's house to shower and I looked over the damage.
As expected, I burned the exposed areas. More redness on the neck and shoulders. I cannot win.
I love it, though. This is the first time in my life that I have snorkeled, been a beach bum, scuba dived in consecutive days. I cannot complain since it truly is glorious. Each beach seems to be better than the last, if that is at all possible.
Tonight, we are heading to Cafe Matisse for dinner and drinks. A highly recommended restaurant and atmosphere. Bring on the foodie adventure.
Again, I am distracted and hopefully, will sit down, soon, to relate my travels in the Bahamas. Thankfully, I am outside of the tourist perspective and lavishing in the local feel.
Until later...

No comments: