Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Impatience

People are impatient...for the most part.
Believe me, I know, that I can be. In my car, I have the ability to experience some major road rage. For instance, people that have not figured out how to use their turn signals make me crazy. How difficult is it to indicate your next action? Or, turn it off when you have turned? This, too, bothers me.
Or, lately, I seem to drive behind people that take 5 minutes to turn. They s-l-o-w-l-y merge into the right hand lane. They just can't get over. It takes effort, for them, and for me, to not hit them since all I want to do is get around them and their slow ass moving car. Yes, I can be impatient.
At lunch, there is a rush to be acknowledged, served and pushed out the door. I am enjoying the World Cup, I am. I feel that we are seeing new people in the restaurant since we have wonderful tv's to watch the games on. These diners are impatient, though.
This afternoon, the game began at 12:30. At 12:05, most of the people were wanting to know if their tv could be changed. My co-worker, Jeff, who is from Boston, told this one table for 4 guys that-yea, the game would be on that specific tv, in 25 minutes when it started.
Apparently, that was unclear to them.
I round the corner, intent to drop drinks off at my outdoor table and take an order from my indoor table. This guy, stops me--excuse me, ma'm--not too thrilled with that choice of words, either.
Since he isn't in my section and he wasn't choking, I told him that I would be back. I was annoyed since he was screwing up my train of thought and execution of tables. I can be anal, too.
So, I approach my people and then return to the interloper. He goes--excuse me, can you have this tv changed to the soccer game?
Incredulous?!?!?! You really need the game on 20 minutes before it begins. Not to mention, you already asked your server to take care of it. Maybe this guy didn't understand that we have no control over the tv's. The one remote, is located, behind the bar. It is the only thing that will change the channel. It is how our system works. I cannot nod my head and have the channel changed, magically.
From that point, every time, I walked by the table the guy seemed to be giving me a dirty look. Really? If you were my table---sure, I would be all over it...but, you aren't. And, I cannot speed up when the soccer game starts.
Peace. Serenity. Rockies game.
I focused on that and made it through the shift. Plus, Spain was victorious! Great game.
I went to Target to check out their sheet selection. Unimpressed, I settled on a new sports bra since they were on sale and some other household necessities. And, I still love this weather. Overcast, cool and pleasant. I am heading to the Rockies game. I hope you enjoy your night, too!

No comments: