Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tranquility


Overcast.
Perfect.
Ideal day for a run.
I took this photo, two years ago, while in Fiji. No, I am nowhere near a beach, but the beauty of the sky is the point of the visual illustration.
Wow--so blesed to be in Denver, today.
Thankfully, the Goddess and I are scheduled an afternoon run and so I can partake in the beauty of Colorado. And, I am loaning my travel pack, passport carrier, pack towel and lock to Lindsay for her trip to Italy. She leaves in two days and will visit Agnese for two weeks. I am so excited/jealous. I have never been to Italy, but it is in my sights--May 2011. I am making it happen. Plus, because of my friendship with Agnese, I have a gracious hostess that enjoys life, food and wine. I will have to find the Italian equivalent of onion rings since she sampled them multiple times here. There must be basic Italian fare that is terrible for you, but delightful and a guilty pleasure. Or, I will gorge myself on cheese, proscuitto and olive oil. Italy, 2011, it is going to happen.
Today is a peaceful day. Calm. Tranquil. Serene. A day to reflect on what you are thankful for. Too often we get caught up in the future. I know I say it, a lot, mind you, but it is imperative to enjoy the present moment. Yesterday, a friend of mine's high school friend, died, while showering. She had a seizure and she died. It is tragic, awful and affirms, again, the importance of saying what you are thankful for, loving your family/friends/spouse/partner/mate, telling people you love them and enjoying the present moment.
Today, my moment will be the outdoor run with the Goddess. Being grateful for her friendship and for the amazing July weather.
What are you thankful for today?

No comments: