Friday, May 9, 2008

Updates..

I showed my photos today to this regular at the Bull and Bush. While he perused them, I realized that I had started to forget the beauty of my trip and of the photos. I felt that I had some amazing pictures and I wanted to share them with everyone. Of course, i am lazy and so I didn't rearrange too much. I could be more productive--that is for sure.
I worked this morning but am enjoying a leisurely evening off. I returned to Jimmy's, ordered a movie on comcast and am trying to organize my life.
I met this woman, Helen, in Bunbury, Australia. We had a 45 minute conversation but it was plenty. She was traveling as she did each year. Her husband passed away 4 years ago and we started talking because she had suggested a movie to these other hostel dwellers that I was talking to. I had met Lori and Nick in Margaret River since we exchanged books. They were British and decided to take a 3 month honeymoon around New Zealand and Australia. They were nice, but their book was poor. The one that I exchanged with them was not that great either.
Nevertheless, I was in the kitchen, cooking lunch and waiting to check in to the YHA Hostel. Helen had seen the movie, P.S. I love You. After she recommended it, I told her about Brian. She told me that she felt calm when she traveled and at peace with life.
After my trip, I understood that. I understood how calming it was to reflect and enjoy life.
She mentioned that there were parts of the movie that hit home. I am watching it, right now, and she was right. I wonder if it will continue to affect me or become hokey. I choose the former.

No comments: