Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The last few days of work and dry skin...

Work and dry skin has overtaken my life...I am working, a bunch, to finance my trip to NYC. Plus, I enjoy the outlet of work. I feel productive even if, it is only babysitting drunks, some nights.
For the most part, I am entertained by my co-workers, bar regulars and new random customers. I do have an interesting job.
On Sunday, the basketball games continued inspite of my lack of desire to continue watching. I suppose I am rooting for KSU and Baylor. I will continue to support the Big 12. My only hope is that the winner of the championship game is not UK or Syracuse. I am not a Calipari fan. And who knows, given his current record of leaving universities, it will probably be stripped from Kentucky a few years after he leaves. Syracuse beat KU in 2003...I am not a Carmelo Anthony fan, either.
I am uninterested in the tournament, in general, now. I am disappointed in KU's performance, but is done. They are out. I suppose there is always 2011.
I arrived at work and Melissa wasn't feeling well. She had been battling a cold for the last few days. I think she was over it! We had wine with Arne and Tim. I brought a french pinot and Tim treated us with cheese. Melissa opted out of the wine, due to her cold, and I was preoccupied with customers. Needless to say--I hope they enjoyed the bottle of wine that I brought. It was a quick wine tasting, for me.
About an hour into the shift, the Illinois fan sauntered into the bar. I asked him what he was drinking and noticed that he was humble as an individual. Without his entourage, he was an observer.
A few hours later, a friend on his, showed up and again, nothing was said about the day before. They wanted Maryland to upset Michigan State, as did I. I thought Maryland would prevail and so I made victory shots. In the brief amount of time it took to make the shot, Michigan State won the game. I still shared the shots. Ironically, I made Dirty Girl Scouts which are green. I like those shots inspite of the color allegiance to Michigan State.
Later, I cashed everyone out and the Illinois fan opened up about seeing me at the bar. He was afraid to order a drink because of his behavior on Saturday. He apologized for riling everyone up against KU. He mentioned that Tiffany had told him that if he continued to razz the KU team, I would never make him a drink. He walked in, saw me on Sunday, and thought--crap, there is the bartender that is going to spit in my drink....I told him that I wasn't the biggest fan of UNC and understood his frustrations at KU and Coach Self. We made up.
Afterwards, I went to Charli Sue's birthday party. She is two and it was fun. I knew that I wanted to be closer to my side of town. I met Steve and Pocketsize at Elway's--my home away from home.
It has been dry in Colorado. My right hand has two patches of chapped skin between my fore and middle finger. It is itchy, inconvenient and uncomfortable. I keep moisturizing, drinking water and having the same result--more dry skin. I am frustrated. I bought some gloves to wear, overnight, to keep the lotion in. I am at my wit's end. I don't know if there is some emotional attachment involved in this too. I cannot figure out why it happened or how I cannot get rid of it. I drink a ton of water.
The countdown to the 1/2 has begun. I am running more consistently and for longer. I am a little scared about my performance in the 1/2, but know that I can and will finish it. I am not afraid of that. I would feel more confident had I been more consistent with my running over the winter. And, it was a mild winter with few exceptions. We were blasted, last night, but today it is almost gone. Still, I unmotivated to run today. Lame, but I am taking a day off. I close tonight and could use a little R & R prior to the shift.
Enjoy your day. I am heading to Elway's to pick up a gift certificate and maybe a glass of wine...

No comments: