Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rambling travels and future travels.....

All, in all, everything about Seattle was spectacular. I enjoyed watching Michaela get carded and enjoy herself. Typically, if she overdoes it, one night, the rest of the trip, she is a hermit and will not continue to drink wine. She cannot. Her body shuts down. Or, she will not allow herself to try to have one glass of wine.
This time, she rallied and I believe had a lovely time.
Jean is a friend for life. I have known her since 96' and although, we do not see each other for years at a time, we still have a wonderful friendship. There are always stories to tell after out adventures, together. Lately, the focus has been on a certain activity I did, while on a busride back from Barra de Navidad. It was a 5 hour bus and I suffered the entire trip. They drank beer and mocked me, while I was oblivious to their joy. Let's just leave it, at that. I had a repeat performance on White Pass, last year. Jean and I spent a day and a half in Walla Walla, WA. She drove over White Pass from her house in Mossy Rock and I had another miserable time.
Spending time with Shari is always an adventure. There is always a walking segment--filled with conversation, memories and random experiences. Costa Rica sticks out in my mind as the most challenging walk. It was hot, humid and I was having spider bite issues. The lesson from that experience was-go the the Western Doctor, instead of trying to self-medicate or tend to the problem yourself.
I wanted to reflect on Seattle and continue on with my travel musings for 2010. At the end of March, Sara Jo and I will road trip it to Santa Fe. Last year she had a milestone birthday and celebrated in town. For my 30th, I flew to Napa and went wine tasting with her, Michaela, Pocketsize and a friend from college--also named Sarah. I believe in celebrating birthdays, every year, in a large fashion. Since Sara Jo was unable to travel, last year, we are going to Santa Fe. It is one of my favorite spots in the U.S., and conveniently, only a five hour drive from Denver. I need to find a hotel, but for the most part, it is a done deal.
We will see Melody, eat at the Chocolate Maven, hike, drink margaritas and enjoy the city. Post Santa Fe, I want to go to New York. I have not purchased tickets, yet; but, I will and soon. It has always been a dream of mine to explore that city.
I am off to the gym. My free pass is about to expire and I need to utilize the final days.....

1 comment:

scarlethue said...

Funny, I posted about traveling and friends today too. :)