Thursday, March 18, 2010

New York restaurants

New York--here I come.
One month, in fact, is when I will be exploring that city. There are so many food options. Already, I feel overwhelmed. I want to make the most of my 3 days and have the best possible food experience.
This morning, my friend from Maine, sent me an article about Tom Colicchio's new place, Colicchio & Sons. They have a tasting menu and it appears to be a great space. I went to Craft, in Las Vegas, while there a few years ago. I felt it was fine, but I am not a huge steak fan. I was hoping for more side options or appetizers. I believe Steve liked his steak. Pocketsize and I shared the scallops. I was a little disappointed in the experience, but chalked it up to my lack of steak preference. I still believe in Tom Colicchio. Top Chef has redeemed itself.
And, I have eaten at Craftwich---lovely sandwich shop that he owns. The sandwich place is located in the MGM. If you are in Vegas and in the mood for a filling amazing sandwich--check it out!
From this, I think Colicchio & Sons is a must.
Remembering Top Chef has inpsired another restaurant. I want to find Harold's place. He was the original Top Chef from Season 1. I am going to research that option.
Plus, I have an acquaintance that is the pastry chef at Daniel. Mark is a friend of a friend of mine. He agreed to do the fundraiser for the Foundation that I had chaired. I met him, briefly, since I was stressed out about the event, emotional because of the day, and freaked out about my speech that I had to give. I was terrified of public speaking. I think I had a perpetual headache for a solid week. Yoga helped, but realistically, I was a mess.
I met him, like I said, briefly, but later, my co-worker went to NYC and ate at Daniel. They met Mark and he was user friendly and helpful. I forced them on him. I wanted them to have a new experience while in NY and they loved Daniel.
Momofuku sounds intriguing, too. I need to figure out the policy on reservations. I want to dine at the bar, not at a table, solo. I prefer sitting at the bar, most times, anyways. I think the service is better. My glass is full and most bartenders are knowledgable about other restaurants, drinks, places to go.
I know there are a plethora of restaurants to check out and that I want to be flexible about it. I know things change and I know there are restaurants that I am unfamiliar with, for now.
If you any recommendations, I am open to them. I want to enjoy my time there. I might have a spa connection, too. Last night, the boisterous friend of Jenn's gave me his e-mail and said he would look into that option for me. Of course, this was prior to the perfume girl descending on us and distracting him.
I have a month to plan, discover, explore. I cannot wait to go there!

No comments: