Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesday mornng

Good morning.
Again, I woke up, at 4:30. I do not know why or how, or who I am synchronizing with, but the last two days, I have woke up at 4ish. I wake up, look at my ancient alarm clock that I dug out for Daylight Savings and ponder the 4 am wake up.
Eventually, I am able to return to sleep.
Actually, at 5:30, I got a text from a girlfriend of mine. She and I are meeting for wine later and she was confirming the time. After her text, I thought, maybe I am not supposed to go back to sleep. I did.
I wasn't mad, at her, either. She is going through a break-up and so I think her sleep is nonexistent. I know she is adjusting to her situation. I might suggest delaying early morning texts til at least, 7 am. That is being generous--I think. Most people, with typical jobs--9 to 5--are up, by 7 am. Me, my schedule varies. When I close, 7 am is 4 hours from when I am able to unwind and sleep. Texting, that early, interrupts my sleep cycle and makes me grumpy. Yes, 7 am is generous.
I am working another random day shift. I am excited since I want to go to New York. Tickets are reasonable and the city continues to call me. Working today enables the dream to become a reality.
I am thankful for the dayshift; but, I really need to clean my house, do laundry, run errands, fix my headlight. Yes, I know that my headlight is about to go out. The handy dandy Volvo lets me know what is going to happen. Veronica is a great car. Yes, she now has a name.
A few years ago, the one headlight went out and I bought a pair of replacement bulbs since it indicated in the manual that both lights would go out, in a few months of each other. A few years, is more like it. Anyways, last time, I had help from a friend. This time, I might try to tackle it myself. I do have the manual.
I am grateful for the work, but, it is so beautiful outside, getting errands done seems more attractive. I know, that because of Daylight Savings, I will have a few hours of sunshine.
Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm still trying to adjust to Daylight Savings. I stay up too late, and then sleep too late. I guess adjusting to time changes are harder for some than others. New York sounds fun! You must see a Broadway musical while you're there. I love musicals on stage.

harmony said...

I just booked my tickets. I am so excited.
I had to do it! And, yes, the theatre is enticing.