Thursday, March 11, 2010

Remembering March 11th


Two years ago, I returned from my southern hemisphere adventure. Five months of pure bliss that started in October and ended on March 11, 2008
I started in Fiji and concluded the sabbatical, with a week in Belize. I was super lazy, in Belize. I spent 4 days in Belize City, which is a terrible city. But, I had spider issues, and knew I needed to prepare for whatever opportunity greeted me in the States. I was decompressing and trying to ready myself for the return to civilization.
Last year, I celebrated in Denver. I do not remember how. I should go through my log of posts and determine what I did. I am sure that it was something. I always celebrate important dates in my life. I believe in celebrating!
Today, I am reintroducing yoga into my life. I took a hiatus from that practice in my life and realize that I am suffering from it. Running is wonderful and there are days when I truly enjoy it. But, my quads are tight, forever tight, and I need to incorporate more stretching into my life to combat that. I am tired of receiving massages where I tense up, when the therapist tries to work on my legs. Lately, there is a spot, mid-thigh, back of leg, that is extremely tense and uncomfortable. Yoga hopefully will aid me in the recovery.
KU plays this morning. Enough said about that celebration.
I am meeting my reader and her friends for happy hour, tonight, which is always interesting. They are an intelligent group of women, representative of different ages, connections and occupations. The location is not set, but I am interested in how the evening will progress.
In other celebratory news...Megan, my old neighbor who lives in D.C., just signed up to do the Healdsburg Half Marathon with Sara Jo and I in October. Very excited to run with Megan and go wine tasting. I have great friends and know that Sara Jo and Megan will be fine. I think Michaela might meet us, too. Wine tasting is always a huge attraction.
Last night, Sara Jo and I drank red wine and contemplated life. I explained to her that service was in my life, more so, this year, than any other year. I want to either go to Vietnam or another country and do service work. I need to research it, more, and make it happen. I am thinking July.
Celebrate today. I am.

No comments: