Saturday, March 27, 2010

Shoes

I love the new kicks...they are fantastic. I feel like a new woman--seriously. A new pair of shoes is heavenly. They make a huge difference when it comes to any activity in life. I mean, of course, I will only, religiously, wear the new yellow Saucony's, only, for running. I will never tarnish them by wearing them to work. One hour, at work, is like 300 miles of wear and tear. I spill beer, wing sauce, not to mention--the floors, themselves, can be filthy. No, I will not wear the yellow shoes to work.
I showed the shoes to the Goddess. I tried to avoid mud puddles or splashes of water, but it can be difficult no matter how hard I try to keep them looking new and beautiful. While running with her, I realized that my last 3 pairs of shoes purchased have all been running oriented. I know that I need casual shoes to accessorize my continued college sense of style. I am lacksadaisical when it comes to clothing. Rarely, do I go shopping. I do not like it. Malls are normally claustrophic, in general. While in a clothing store, the sales people are annoyingly helpful with--have you heard about this special? Would you like to apply for an Angels card? Are you sure? Oh, you are paying cash? Hmmmmm, are you sure you don't want to save 10% by applying for our credit card?
It goes on and on and on...I could continue, but I won't.
Bottom line, I need new shoes. Not running shoes, but practical going out in a skirt type of shoe. Cute, comfortable and user friendly. I tried wedges, last year, per Pocketsize's suggestion, but only imagined falling down. I couldn't master the shoe. It was a brief flirtation.
I bought platform heels, that day, and they are cute and I feel confident wearing them. However, I can only stand a few hours in them. My feet hurt if I attempt to wear them longer.
I have sandals that I enjoy wearing, but I want to update my selection.
I wish I enjoyed wearing heels, but I don't. I need some casual pair to wear with shorts and skirts. That is my hope.
Realistically, I need shoes and they must be good quality. I remember the days of buying cheap shoes. They break, hurt my feet and ultimately create more problems than the cost is worth.
I think tomorrow might be the day of shopping. I have a few days off since Sara Jo and I are not going to Santa Fe. I might brave the mall for casual attire. Actually, I will probably find my next travel destination instead of shoe or clothing shopping. I need to be real with myself. I prefer traveling to shopping any day of the week. I might have to reconsider shoes in a later post. Be well and enjoy the sunshine!

No comments: