Saturday, March 13, 2010

Random Dreams and Egyptian cotton sheets....

Recently, I bought Egyptian cotton sheets. I love them and now sleep in my bed, every night. Prior to this, I preferred sleeping on my purple couch. I felt safe, had the lap top nearby, or t.v. to soothe me to sleep. I had a roommate for 2 months and it worked, since, I slept on the couch and gave her my room. It was not an issue. She felt weird, sleeping in my room, but I forced her to feel comfortable since this is what I wanted. I wanted to sleep on the couch.
I bought the sheets, washed them twice, and have been sleeping like a baby lately. I closed, last night, and came home to unwind. I deleted a bunch of random old e-mails and think I went into my room at 3 a.m. The bed was inviting and soon I was absorbed with dreams.
I woke up this morning, and remembered one of them. What do you think it means?

I woke up, in my bed, and vomited on my pillow...not a lot, and it wasn't due to being hungover, just the need to rid myself of something.
I cleaned it up, by, taking the pillow case off and tending to that. Like I said, it was a small amount and only affected the pillow.
Then, I am transported to a friend's house, with the pillow, and he is explaining to me how to watch his kid. He is abrupt with me, and doesn't notice the soiled pillow case or my state of being. Instead, he focuses on the upcoming basketball on t.v., his kid, and a much needed hair cut for him.
I am confused, in the dream, why he hasn't noticed my sheets or how I appear. He is more focused on himself.
What do you think? Are dreams representations of your present and or future? I believe this is my present and I need to rid myself of something in order to move forward from it.
I am still thinking about the dream. I am thankful that it was only a dream and not the reality of me having to clean my awesome sheets up. Not only do I despise vomit, I loathe cleaning it up. Yuck!

No comments: