Monday, March 15, 2010

Sitting pretty

A friend of mine celebrated a birthday, today, the Ides of March.
In all honesty, I would have preferred crashing on my couch. Instead, I knew that I must attend her celebration.
Initially, she said---dinner, Monday night.
I agreed.
I made dinne plans with Sara Jo on Sunday night.
When I heard from Tiffany and she said--Sunday night, dinner. I knew that I couldn't alter my plans. I had a dinner date with Sara Jo and it was sticking.
Today, I woke, early--crazy early--and was unable to sleep past 4 a.m.
Three hours later, I fell asleep.
Frantically, at 8:45, I showered, made coffee and waited to greet the day.
I worked.
I made $$$.
I waited on plenty of drunks.
I called Tiffany to see where dinner was for the 15th. She texted back and said Jax.
There is a super cute guy that works at Jax. I was excited. I could enjoy the eye candy while eating mussels.
Or, so I thought.
I walked downtown and met them at Venice.
It was Jimmy, Tiffany, Mark, An, some random, Trevor--little Rick's brother, and Erik. They were eating and I was intereste in a glass of wine.
We paid the tab and agreed to meet at Pronto. Departing/separating, we arrived with one less. Jimmy disappeared. Fairly normal.
At Pronto, my wine tasted like cinnamon. I did not like it; nor, would I suggest it to others.
We went to the Hyatt on the 27th floor and drank chimays. Afterwards, we walked to Appaloosa for a night cap. At this point, we had dwindled to three.
I like An, I do. However, there are normal etiquette rules that she does not follow. Tonight, she was user friendly with her dress, lack of crossing legs and friendly to all. Me--I kept thinking--cross your ankles--at least. Anything is better than the show you are giving.
The lesson, here, is always be etiquette appropriate. If you think others aren't aware, you are foolish. Conscious or not, be aware of your surroundings. And, no, I am not a saint! I have done foolish things myself. Cognizantly, I am aware of my clothing for the most part. Crossed legs--always, if not, jeans.
Drinks with Tiffany extended into the three of us. They can sleep. For me, it is business as usual.
Enjoy your day!

No comments: