Sunday, March 28, 2010

Productive day off

I lied.
I knew that in no way would I be spending my day off in the mall. I couldn't do it. And, I knew it.
Instead, I woke up, drank hot tea as opposed to coffee for necessary diuretic precautions, ran with the Goddess and greeted the day. I wore shorts and she had on pants. We saw many runners at Cheesman Park but they had thinned out as we approached City Park. I wish I had more experience running around that park, but I know that I rarely run around City Park. It is near my house and a lovely run, but I prefer heading south to Wash Park or staying urban on the sidewalks. I really like running in the city. I enjoy parks, but find myself gravitating towards the urban dwellings. I figure as long as my knees are healthy--why not?
It was the ideal day to go for a long run. It heated up and mid-run, I was wishing that I had worn a t-shirt only.
We ran an hour and 45 minutes. I felt great, for the most part, and enjoyed our brief walking stints. Towards the end, I took advantage of the hill factor and justified why I was walking, instead of trudging up the hill. I know. It was lazy, but I still did something, right? I wanted to cancel the run, last night, while sitting at the Bull with my friend, Kat. I was tempted to stay and have another cucumber press.
After the run, the Goddess and I met Sara Jo for brunch. I was on the fence with where to go. Normally, I am unavailabe to partake in brunch. I knew that we would not dine at the Bull since I wanted a clean break from work.
I asked my facebook friends and most people's response was Lucille's. I enjoy Lucille's but their bloody's are not all that. Plus, weekends are difficult. They are super busy and almost always on a wait.
Others recommended Snooze or Racines. Again, not too terribly adventurous or intrigued by either place. I threw out Jonesy's and it seemed like a fit for all of us.
We arrived and were seated immediately. The crowd was younger, hip vibe and interesting menu. They offered pitchers of mimosas and infused vodka bloody mary's. The Goddess and I wanted a mary and it was delicious. They use dill which is awesome and Sara opted for a mimosa.
Our waitress was okay. Not upsell friendly or tentative. Nice. She was pleasant but I would have drank more mimosas, definitely more water, had she been available. I ate the basque eggs. Right when we were seated, that item, held my interest. It was corn tortillas topped with garlic cloves, poached eggs, white beans and arugula. I tried to choose something else, but my attention was captivated by the eggs. Sara and Lindsay ate bacon and eggs, with breakfast potatoes, and an omelet, respectively.
Overall, definitely a pass. The exception would be the service, but she was busy and I can overlook that. When she presented us with the bill, it was without the pitcher of mimosas. Believing in karma and trying to be honest, I inquired about it. Her response, I was excited to sell a pitcher. As you can see...not very aware of her surroundings.
Jonesy's was fantastic and I will definitely return for more food adventures. Tonight, Sara and I are dining in the metro area to celebrate her birthday. Option friendly and perfect night to walk to and from dinner.

No comments: