Thursday, March 19, 2009

Comfort food and other issues...

I returned to Denver and headed straight to Elway's.
I owed Tiffany dinner and it was a prebirthday gift for her.
We walked in and there was GQ and Brian. The mood was mellow and the evening was great. We talked to Alan and Brian until they decided they were starving. I knew that I was the minute I got off of the plane. But, I didn't want to be rude and we talked until I knew that I wanted to eat.
The brussel sprout hash was awesome. We tried the crab cake, mac n cheese and of course, au gratin potatoes. I needed some comfort food and Elway's does it best.
I developed some photos today since I need to return Flat Stanley to Easton. I went to Walgreen's and placed my order. The machine was malfunctioning and so the clerk told me that she would call me to let me know if my order processed or not. I opted to head to Argonaut to purchase wine for our Sunday ritual. For the last month, Tim, Joyce, Arne, Melissa and myself have been pairing wine with food on Sunday morning. They have all been extremely generous and so I offered to pick something up to reciprocate. I found a bottle of a Shiraz/Voignier blend from Australia that was calling to me. We shall see how it pairs with the cheese they bring. I wasn't too inspired to be creative. Instead, I opted for nostalgia.
I returned to Walgreen's and the girl mentioned that yes my order processed, but the machine decided to print out 250 pictures. Basically, it quadrupled my order and so she was only going to charge me for the orginal order, but she wanted to make sure that those were the pictures that I wanted. Random and I benefitted since I was planning to make a few extra copies for Shari of our trip to California.
I am off to yoga. Be well...

No comments: