Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Seattle

Today was a great day.
I worked earlier and received a random text from my friend, Jean. We were in Spanish class together at KU and eventually, spent two months in Guadalajara, Mexico, together. It was a summer of dogs, tortillas and learning spanish.
Anyways, I called Jean this evening and decided to look into flights to Seattle. Super cheap and I am now heading there in April. I have the travel bug, again. I thought of driving to Santa Fe, going to Vegas or perhaps eastbound, but Seattle won out.
I am superstoked. We can go wine tasting and they have a cabin near Portland. I think I will tell Michaela and Jade but doubt they will be able to meet up with us since it is early in the week. I travel best on off days, though. It is easier to maneuver airports and of course, I don't have to worry about covering my shifts. I can enjoy.
Last time I saw Jean, we headed to Bainbridge Island, Pike's Place Market and her house. Her and her husband have continued to be gracious hosts to me. Her son, Jack, is pretty cool, too. I remember when he was a baby in Minneapolis and still such a joy to be around.
I wanted a new adventure and I got it. I cannot wait!

No comments: