Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sunshine Cleaning

Yesterday, since I wanted a day on the wagon, Jimmy and I went to see Sunshine Cleaning. I remember seeing the previews and thinking that it looked interesting and I am an Alan Arkin fan. I loved him in Little Miss Sunshine.
We went to the Mayan, stocked up on G2 and m&m's at Walgreens and entered the theatre. We were at the 3:30 matinee and we were not alone. I have never seen the Mayan that busy especially on a Monday afternoon.
The movie started and I thought to myself--I have seen this part already, and that part, and that part. I was curious to what was left since they had shown most of the first half hour of the film in the previews.
It was boring. I kept throwing my hands up at the absurdity of it. I felt like it was a complete waste of my time. I enjoy going to movies, but feel taken if I want to sleep through it.
The movie lacked, had no clear focus or direction. It just was...terrible.
I think I should have went to see Taken. I do not enjoy the Pavilions though and so we went to the Mayan.

No comments: