Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Reaching out...

There are people in my life that I can count on.
I find myself turning to certain people when I am sad, happy or indifferent.
I just found out that one of Brian's old co-workers passed away last weekend. I think to myself--what else is going to happen? I wasn't close to him, but we did spend a weekend in Vail together and we worked together. I remember him driving us up to Vail and getting car sick. It was terrible and I was thoroughly annoyed.
I know that we weren't extremely close, but I feel overwhelmed again. I feel like I got the wind knocked out of me.
I corresponded with my friend, Troy. He and I communicate and are bonded through loss. I know that he doesn't judge me or question my frame of mind. There aren't many people like that in my life who can talk to me about loss or that life is short. It is.
I tried to reach out to someone that isn't ready for it. It was a quick response for me. It wasn't intentional, but life is short. I am reminded of this everyday. Everyday, people die. I know this and I know how harsh and unfeeling that just sounded. I guess I am annoyed that people continue to think that when I retire, I will live my life to the fullest. Why aren't you doing that today?
Things happen that you cannot control. I guess I need an island for enjoying my moments and living the life I choose to lead.

No comments: