Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Raspberry Beret

More music randomness...a few years ago, I don't remember exactly when, my sisters--Jade and Michaela--were intoxicated and decided to call me and leave a voice message. They sang, Raspberry Beret, the chorus, that is. I don't think they know why they chose that song, but they thought it was funny.
I downloaded it the other day, along with a few other Prince songs. I guess I am remembering my youth and where I came from. Music is such a powerful tool for memory, nostalgia and growth. I definitely get in moods where all I want to listen to is Norah Jones. I think that is because Brian took me to that concert for my birthday. He surprised me and it was a wonderful night at Red Rocks. I always think of him when I hear one of her songs. I think about, "Come Away with Me" and wish that I could just go, explore, travel, wander and be okay.
I got more photos developed from Napa. I love it there and I love black and white photos. My battery died and so I felt fortunate to get the photos that I did. I was concerned that the entire roll of film would be crap.
Yes, I still use a 35 mm camera at times. I like the surprise factor. My digital camera makes it too easy for me to delete parts of my life that I don't agree with in that moment. I remember seeing some of Hailey's photos of me on facebook. Initially, I was annoyed since I could see how checked out I was during a few of the photos. Or, that I had a weird look on my face. Later, I realized that I did like the pictures. They weren't perfect and they were genuinely of me, in my random moments. Not everything can be deleted to make it right or acceptable.
I am off for another walkabout.

No comments: