Thursday, April 30, 2009

Snarf's Sandwich shop

On Sunday, the bartender at Elway's asked if we had been to this incredible new sandwich place. He said that he was glad it was only 12" because he would have continued to eat the 18", 24" or 36" sandwich if it were available. He kept going on and on about this sandwich place and how awesome it was. He told us to have them make the sandwich as is, no substitutions. Eventually, he called for delivery and we saw the gigantic sandwich. Both of us were in awe of the size and how appetizing it looked.
Today, I went to yoga and afterwards, Jimmy and I decided to check out Snarf's. I convinced him to walk there, since I am trying to be "green" in life and I figured that it would be good for both of us.
We entered the location and it was packed. They offered custom sandwiches, salads, milk shakes and cookies. We tried the italian sandwich and turkey and swiss. They loaded it up with lettuce, tomato, onions, a thinly-sliced pickle, olive oil and a sandwich sauce. It was huge and a great sandwich. I preferred the turkey swiss combination and enjoyed the italian. Ky, the bartender at Elway's suggested the pastrami swiss or italian. They had vegetarian options, too--more than just a cheese grinder. They had an artichoke feta that looked intriguing and probably my choice for the next visit.
The interior looked like it belonged near a college campus. I suppose that makes sense since it started in Boulder. If you have time, check it out. It is located at 11th and Ogden and worth the visit.

No comments: