Saturday, April 25, 2009

Zilla, Washington

Still reflecting on my Eastern Washington vacation.
Jean and I had apples and almonds, while in the car. She is such a giver, always prepared. But, apples were not enough. Going over White Pass made me nauseous, spin cycled my stomach and was an interesting trip--both directions. The way over was definitely worse.
Anyways, as we entered Yakima Valley, Jean kept talking about chips and salsa and mexican food in general. She kept saying, I think Sunnyside is predominantly mexican and so they must have authentic food. I mean, too, the non Tex-Mex-cheesy disaster that some people consider mexican food. I love chunky salsa, little grease, green chili, eggs--that is my kind of mexican food.
We exited in Zilla. We drove through the town without much luck. As we considered driving further, we both saw the place. It was next to a pink building and there was a Mexican food sign. We parked, entered and opted to eat in, as opposed to eating in the car. She ordered two tacos and I had a vegetarian burrito, without cheese. The salsa was awesome. I could have eaten it with a straw. Realistically, I could have sustained on salsa alone.
My burrito was smothered with an enchilada sauce. It was okay, but the guacamole was fresh and amazing. I was so happy that we found that little slice of heaven in Zilla. The day before in Olympia, we had guacamole which was out of a bag--no bueno!
I love mexican food. There are 3 places in Denver that I frequent regularly. I think I could eat it everyday. Actually, I basically eat guacamole everyday at the Bull. It is great for your skin and I love fresh guacamole.
I'm off to find more food to talk about. Have a wonderful day.

No comments: