Monday, April 27, 2009

Sleepy time

Cold weather inspires me to be lazy.
I want soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. I would prefer that it made and served to me. I feel unproductive in every sense of the word.
Today, I went to work and feel that I should head to yoga, but am unmotivated.
Sleep, sounds fantastic or finding something to watch on Hulu. It is definitely a wearing glasses kind of day.
Work was slow and now, I am enticed back under the comforter. I feel bad that it is the beginnning of the week and I know that I have a lot to do. I have many projects and I am enbracing the transitions in my life. Yoga is relaxing and necessary. I need to sort through my photos, develop my trip album/photos and read more. I am trying to plan the rest of my 2009 travel. I am considering a trip to Italy or Europe for a brief stint.
I have been library bound the last few weeks, but recognize that I am going to run out of books to read. If you have any suggestions/recommendations of a great book, please let me know.
I opted to utilize Oprah's book club list and have read many of her choices. I loved I Know This Much is True and While I was Gone. I read She's Come Undone, too, and so when I was walking through the library and saw Wally Lamb's current book--The Hour I First Believed, I knew that I would read it. I really enjoyed the book and ironically, picked it up the weekend before the Columbine Anniversary. His book deals with the aftermath of the shooting for a man and his wife that was in the library during the attacks. It is a fantastic read.
I read a book about domestic violence and there was nothing redeemable about the book. I was angry with the way it ended and frustrated that I had chosen it. This book, Black and Blue, was on her list, too. I wouldn't suggest it since it is sad/frustrating and not at all uplifting. I know that domestic violence happens and frequently, but there are solutions to getting out--shelters, relocations, family/friends. I lived by a shelter in Kansas. We knew them since my mom hated the fact that we shared a tree with them. Eventually, she cut down part of it, which intensified the dislike between houses.
Nevertheless, today is a lazy day. I will be resting/relaxing until I am back to my productive self, tomorrow. I am hoping for sun.

No comments: