Sunday, April 19, 2009

Heading to Seattle

Seattle.
Super stoked and ready to go.
My friend, Jean, and I will be heading to wine country and south to Portland. I cannot wait.
I had been thinking about a trip, considered a return to the East, and then called my friend in Seattle. I found these tickets that were cheap and decided to go for it. I mean, why not? Why not head to Seattle or somewhere else? I love traveling. I am much happier when I have the ability to soothe that itch.
I feel free and able to maneuver. I feel great.
Work has been interesting and educational. I am learning that I cannot fix everything. It is okay to relax, enjoy and be. I do not have to be perfect. People can wait.
I stopped by Elway's on my way home. I felt like a glass of wine and recognized, again, that I need a dining companion. Nevertheless, I opted to go alone and watch the evening unveil. Elway's is always entertaining. The bar was full of older diners. There was this group of women that I made sure I was not near. They seemed overwhelming and needy. As the night progressed, I knew that I had made a smart decision.
I sat alone, talked to the bartenders and servers. I noticed that not making eye contact was in my favor. I didn't want any unwelcome company. I wanted to enjoy my solitude, wine and the basketball game. Before I left, I asked Ky for a half glass of Rapture. He handed me a glass and right away I knew that it was corked. Somehow, I am lucky in this arena. I can find a corked glass that few others. He opened a new bottle and all was right in my world.
Now, I am watching Breaking Bad, dreaming of Seattle and trying to get ready to sleep. I am excited for my trip and so know that tonight will be somewhat restless.
Until later, enjoy the moon......

2 comments:

scarlethue said...

I haven't been to many places out west. I visited San Francisco and Portland one summer several years ago as my brothers are out there, but other than that and Vegas I haven't seen much of the desert. I'm pretty sure I'd like it. I'll have to try Sante Fe sometime. :)

harmony said...

you should try Santa Fe--it is lovely. Plus, you can go hiking at Bandelier National Monument Park, go to the Silver Trail or check out the art. I love the galleries, but find myself more interested in the food factor.
I almost always head west. I love San Francisco. I enjoy Portland and Seattle. I feel that I will relocate there at some point. And, I believe I will retire in Santa Fe.
For the first time, ever, I am heading to Maine and Boston in August. I have been to D.C. and Philly. I would like to check out New York for a Yankees game and of course, the food factor. For some reason, I almost always head back to San Francisco to find the next best restaurant. One day, I will check out New York.
Good luck with the car.......