Sunday, April 12, 2009

Cadbury Eggs

I like Easter. I love peanut butter chocolate...love it, love it, love it. I am not a fan of peeps or cadbury eggs. Brian loved them though. He loved the rich, decadent chocolate and the ooze that was created with one bite.
Every year, he would surprise me with a 3 pack of the candy, knowing that I had no interest in eating the eggs. It was a huge production, the unveiling of this gift, knowing that I would sigh and refuse to share them with him. Of course, he bought peanut butter m&m's or a toberlone bar and so we both were happy.
Easter wasn't that big of a day for us. I think, probably since we both worked. There was always a catered event for him and Sundays have been part of my regiment since I began at the Bull. For awhile, I was able to enjoy being a "real" person. You know, the ones that are able to go to Sunday Brunch and drink a mimosa or two. I think that lasted 3 weeks and then I would get pulled back into working Sundays.
Nevertheless, we would celebrate together, but it wasn't like our birthdays which were month long celebrations. I miss him and I miss the Cadbury Eggs. Normally, I buy them in his honor, but this year, Easter arrived too quickly and now it seems false to buy them, today. I have had a huge urge for chocolate. I think I will be heading to St. Mark's coffee shop in the next few days to satisfy my sweet tooth.
Happy Easter. Enjoy your night and the return of everything that makes you happy. I have a friend that gave up Dr. Pepper for lent. Me, I only give up things when I want to and so no, I did not respect lent this year. I was on the wagon the entire month of January and so I think there are worse things to not follow, right?

No comments: