Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Dinner companion--need to find one...

I love going out to dinner. It's fun, I love food and of course, I am a huge fan of red wine. Tonight, I was supposed to meet my cousin, Wil. He called and we rescheduled since he was tired, tonight. He lives in Omaha and was a little off of the sleep factor.
Anyways, I thought I would be drinking wine or if not, chimay.
I considered making dinner and opening wine for myself. It is hard to not enjoy a glass of red wine while cooking. It was a normal practice during my life with Brian.
So, as I sat on the fence with it all, I realized that I don't have anyone to go to dinner with. My girlfriends need notice. I mean, they have husbands, boyfriends, early morning teaching jobs, etc.
The men, I know are married, in a relationship or crazy--refer to my last dinner at Elway's. I wish I had a male friend, companion, that I could dine with. No strings, no sexual tension, just dinner, conversation and red wine or beer. I miss that about my life.
Of course, I could go to Elway's by myself and get swept away by a silver fox or overwhelmed by the cougars. I dine alone in other cities and I always have a great time. For whatever reason, I don't enjoy it in Denver. Perhaps, I know that I will run into someone I know and be by myself. Truly, I do not understand it, but I know that I do not often. Maybe I will. I wish that I had a dinner partner, someone that enjoyed food as much as I do and didn't freak out about the cost of a nice meal. I guess I will wait until I head to Seattle....

No comments: