Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Music

Summer means more walking around Denver, which equates to more ipod use.
It has already begun.
I have a playlist that I created which shows the last 19 songs that I have played. I find, lately, that they are the same songs, ad nauseum. I listen to them, purely, because I like the song, not because it is suggestive of my mood or emotional state.
I mean, if it did--Good Enough, by Sarah McLachlan would have powerful implications. I listen to Zero 7 which is an interesting techno mix, Silversun Pickups since I saw them in KC and Scott Weiland. I have always been a Stone Temple Pilots fan and so his latest cd is on my ipod, for now. Actually it isn't that bad. I like a few of the songs--Killing Me Sweetly and She Sold Her System.
I found a cd, recently, by Johnny Lang and this one song sticks out--Breakin' Me--again, not reflective of my life. Purely, I enjoy the song. Plus, I added Tesla to the mix and replay, Love Song. It is an interesting blend of songs, but they motivate me to keep moving forward, I suppose.
At yoga, I realize I listen the instructor's playlists, too. This one girl who loses focus at the end of her classes, always plays R & B and rap. I don't know, for whatever reason, I enjoy her choices of music.
Tara always plays Madonna and some inspirational music to begin. Tricia loves reggae, Bob Marley and Beyonce--which I am not a huge fan of. It turns my stomach, but I must endure it during the core section of class. I don't mind any of this really. It is the playlists that include chimes, or running waters that do not inspire me or stillness in my body. Instead, I find my mind wandering, wandering, wandering.
Always thinking, reflecting and analyzing. Wow, I know my life is exciting...

No comments: