Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Jeremy Schropp...

If only.
If only I could transport myself to Eugene, OR. I could celebrate my brother-in-law's 33rd birthday, today. I think he is having a celebration at Steelhead Brewery, which I have been to, and liked. I could buy him a beer or meet him for sushi. I could see his dogs and reminisce about our family and times in Lawrence, Kansas. If only.
I would spend time with my new nephew, Emery. I saw him a week after he was born. I have heard him in the background while talking to Jade. I would see how he has grown and developed. When he was born, they thought he looked like me. I didn't see it then, maybe now.
I could see their new house, and spend time with Mackenzie and Easton. Perhaps, I would teach her how to write a thank you card. She hasn't mastered that art yet, and it is unfortunate. I remember writing my own thank you cards in my childlike scribbles/cursive when I was her age. My mom wouldn't have it any other way. I am grateful to that foresight now.
I would wind Easton up, since he is a young boy with boundless energy. He is constantly on-the-go and a pleasure to be around. If only.
I would see Michaela and hear all about her trip to Mexico. If only.
Instead, I will go to yoga in the afternoon. I will try to detoxify some of the stagnant toxins and eventually, see my aunt Bryn later for supper. I enjoy her company and we go through phases of seeing each other once a week, to once every two months. I do talk to her, frequently and so I am normally current on her life, as she is with mine.
Tomorrow, I will run and be grateful to love it or learn to love it, right?

No comments: