Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday night thoughts..........

Long day....and then some.
I went to Elway's to celebrate the day. My bartender friends were working.
I sat down, watched the end of the Magic/Cavs game, ordered a truffled beet salad (awesome) and talked to these two yahoos next to me.
This guy wanted to convince me that KU played Duke in the finals in 88.
Really? I remember the game differently.
I remember Manning playing OU in the final.
What do I know? I am only some girl that obviously doesn't appreciate the game.
Then, I watched this guy pick at his teeth. GROSS...HUGE PET PEEVE....get a toothpick or do it in private. I do not want to watch someone pick their teeth, EVER.
He asked for the check. I knew the right decison. $1.80 on $10.20? What the heck? Seriously? You want water, conversation, beverage? 10% is all you can manage?
I know a few of the servers, too. I talk to Jill about her haircut and Michelle about life. Michelle offers to sit down by me and next thing I know, the one guy that I had watched hit on random cougars is sidled next to us.
I want to get out of talking to him.
I am hoping that Michelle can do it.
She is too nice, though.
I seethe through the conversation, waiting for the break. I look for the intervention. This guy mentioned that he was adopted.
Patiently, I wait. Hoping, that I won't have to interject.
Nope, didn't work.
I mention that Brian was adopted and how fortunate I was to Tom and Shari in my life.
STILL, this guy doesn't get it. Finally, I say, you know, I just wanted hang out with Michelle--nice to talk to you, but we are done...
I feel like a hag. I feel exposed. I feel vulnerable.
Nothing effected this man. How is this possible?
Kai walked me to my car. I wanted to talk to someone while driving...no one answered. What does that say?

No comments: