Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sleepy Saturday

Another gloomy day. What happened to the sun?
I miss it. I miss the motivation and idea of living life it inspires in me.
Days like today, are nice, sometimes, but more than two at a time are devastating. I feel my bed sucking me into a movie, or perhaps a book. Either way, I am not going outside. I am not staying true to being green. I am reverting back to the bad habits. I am complacent and able to sleep at any time interval. I drink coffee late at night and then wonder why I have some difficulty sleeping.
Today is a new day. I am going to try to go about it differently. Yoga is a must. I have to go. I must leave the comforter! Lately, I have been attending classes, but I feel a disconnect from them. I think I know the routine and I am uninspired. Some of the instructors challenge me, everyday, while others are boring and I mentally check out about 15 minutes into the class. I am going today, though, and it is going to be great.
I have some other projects I looked into volunteer work, abroad, and travel within the States. I spoke to my friend, Pocketsize, last night and she commented that she felt that I had the travel itch again. Ironically, I was searching for destinations prior to our call. I want to make it happen, I just don't know the best way to do it. Five months, last time, was amazing, but I want to go longer and be productive. I would like to either volunteer--most of it--or work, too. I would like a local experience, not just one of a traveler. Last time, I stayed predominantly at hostels, which made me feel like a local, to some degree. I had the option of staying at hotels and bed and breakfasts, too, and so I had the opportunity to feel like a luxury traveler. I missed feeling productive--work, and so I volunteered with the hare krishnas. I love their food and I did prep work in a kitchen in Perth, Australia. Of course, they hoped I would want to go on a weekend retreat, passing out information in addition to the food, but I wasn't interested. I enjoyed the camaraderie of the kitchen work, but I wanted to spend my time on the beach, not behind a table.
I suppose overcast days inspire me to dream of future opportunities. I am happy with that prospect and will have to remember that, next time, I am sad that the sun is missing.

No comments: