Sunday, May 31, 2009

shin splints

shin splints...completely awful.
I think I was overzealous. I was invincible for 120 minutes. I was ecstatic and felt amazing.
Funny, how a little it of time changes everything.
Five miles--complete joy. I could do no wrong.
Yoga, more stretching, relaxing, good form.
Eventually, hurt calves, irritability, regression--thinking about not running.
Work. More work. Standing up, wishing to be laying down, icing shins and jacked up on alleve or advil.
Instead, hanging out with Megan, overiced wine and dreaming of travel. Sundays are a blessing.
I reflect on my life and how complete it is. I have good support, excellent friends and fantastic wine. I am blessed.
Tired.
Feeling, actually knowing, that I should be more reflective.
I know, tomorrow it will be.
Running will return to my regiment. I sense that it isn't full-on shin splints.
I feel it is an indicator of what whill become if I am not present in the moment. I know that I need to fuel the body, feed the soul and be well to all

3 comments:

Jun said...

I stopped by to wish you Peace!

harmony said...

Thank you. I enjoyed your wish list, too, for the start of the second half of 2009. Be well

scarlethue said...

I hate shin splints!! got to be the worst place to get sore.

I haven't run in over a year. I just stopped. I was tired. I think I'm still tired. Plus now it's 90 degrees out again so not exactly the time to pick it back up.