Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Buenos Aires Pizzeria

There is this awesome little pizzeria in Denver that I frequent occasionally.
Tonight, I went to Buenos Aires Pizzeria with Jimmy. I wanted a Quilmes--Argentinian Beer--and the fuggazetta pizza--mozzarella with onions. I love it. I ate so much of it while in Buenos Aires and felt fortunate to find this little slice of food heaven.
I haven't been in awhile.
It's changed.
The caprese salad is now traditional mozzarella with tomatoes, diced basil and balsamic. Before they offered a salad loaded with fresh basil, sliced mozzarella and tomatoes. It was awesome and I would crave it. I prefer the old way.
We shared a fuggazetta pizza--onions and mozzarella--and chimichurri sauce. I love the sauce. It is parsley and olive oil based. I ate a ton of it while in Argentina.
Overall, it was nice, but I had expected a certain quality to the food. Plus, the restaurant was packed, which is great for them, but the service lacked somewhat.
Oh well, it was still enjoyable and I will definitely go back. I won't order the caprese salad unless they change it back.
There are many options in terms of pizza and they offer empanadas, tortas and pasta. I think I might try the pasta next time. I am sure that it will be delightful...

No comments: