Sunday, June 28, 2009

I ask people about being paid to travel.
Typical response--Lonely Planet. Resort critiques. Blogging.
What else is there?
There has to be something. Some niche that is designated for me. I want to be paid to travel. I would like to be able enjoy a nice meal, write about it, travel and be paid for it. Isn't there a need that hasn't been met by the internet?
I need to think on it.
Of course, I feel, I have put it out there.
Life is good. I have joy in mine.
My neighbors are leaving on Tuesday. I am sad. I went to their going away bbq and met some of their friends. Ironically, one of the girls was from Wichita. We reminisced the way only people from Kansas can do...were you taught evolution in high school? yes. But, when she attended Cornell, they made her take a test to verify that she understood evolution. Funny.
We talked about how friendly people from the midwest were and both agreed, that we wouldn't move back. Experiencing life elewhere, left too much to be missed outside of Kansas. It isn't a bad place. It just isn't me, anymore. Actually, I don't know if I ever fit into Salina. Probably not. Lawrence was my home. Lawrence was where I found myself, my identity. Lawrence was where I found travel. It has stayed.
Today was a good day. Tomorrow will be filled with yoga and prospects of more running...

No comments: