Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hiatus

Road Trip #2 is calling me and I don't know when I will be computer literate again. I will miss this, though, but figure will have ample to write about on Sunday. I return on Saturday, but will be working that night. Come visit if you have time and desire. I am sure that my ipod will be dead by then, of course.
On a side note, I went to dinner with my aunt tonight at Pasquini's in Denver. There are 3 locations and we went to the newest addition. Beautiful building, trendy, upcoming area, super kid friendly and probably won't visit again. We were surrounded by children who were loud. I mean, super loud. I felt that I had sensory overload and any inkling of my biological clock went out the window. I know that they are children and I cannot blame them. However, where did parenting skills go? My parents said--you are going to the car if you continue to behave that way and I believed them. I knew they would put me in the car and not let me eat.
I felt like I was part of the audience on Romper Room or Nickelodeon. It was that loud and unruly.
I did like the building and felt it had possibility to be a great neighborhood location. I just don't think I can sit through another meal like that. It was uncomfortable.
It wasn't good, either. My aunt and I shared a bruschetta with sun-dried tomatoes, olives and pesto. I felt like pesto and so we shared this combo. I believe kalamata olives would have been ideal. We had olives accompanied by bread. The chevre salad was nice and tasty. Service could have been better, but I think our server was shell-shocked, too, by his section full of families.
Oatmeal Stout is calling me and I am ready.
BE well, enjoy the day and your next few nights.

1 comment:

Rachael @ The Little Birdie said...

We'll miss you, but have a GREAT time!!