Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hoping to travel....ASAP...

Bored.
Really bored.
I know that I could do laundry. I could tackle the thank you cards that I need to write. I could clean my house. I could make another to-do list. Options.
Reflective, yes, insightful, somewhat, wanting another trip--NOW.
I think I am restless and travel is always stimulating and fun. Even just heading to Kansas was amazing. It was nice to see old friends and meet new people. I enjoy traveling entirely too much.
I wish that I would have had more time to explore the restaurant scene. I ate at a cajun restaurant with my dad and Dori. It was good. I had blackened chicken with dirty rice. I couldn't decide between red beans and rice, jambalaya or the blackened chicken. I wanted to go to Kansas City, but we didn't have time. I want to check out Restaurant Thomas, again, or find some bbq. Ironically, I have never had much bbq in KC. I worked on the Plaza for 8 months, but didn't do much eating outside of the restaurant I worked at.
In Lawrence, I had dinner with my friend, Robert, at Genovese. It was new and I preferred somewhere within walking distance. We considered Teller's but I have never been a fan of the cuisine. I like the atmosphere, but felt the food lacked. Genovese was a nice addition to Mass Street.
Dinner with Carol on Friday was pleasant. I left after 3 hours, but could have stayed there, all night, catching up. She has always been a calming presence in my life.
I have a friend that is opening a restaurant in KC, across the street from the Bluebird Cafe. I hope to return to check it out. I knew Rick from Free State and one of his partners, was my landlord in Phoenix. It is a small world.
Nevertheless, tonight, I looked into heading to Portland to see my sisters, but the price is not right. I would love to see Emery, my new nephew and spend time with the rest of the family. Plus, there are wineries near there that I could check out.
Or, it is fairly cheap to fly to Salt Lake. I know that I could go running with Margo, drink wine, and catch up.
I always enjoy San Francisco and that is an option.
I wouldn't mind going somewhere new. I figure that I will go to Washington D.C. in the fall. My friends, Mark and Megan will live there, Cotten is near there and Mitch is there. I spent a few hours with Mitch on Friday and it was fun. We were up, super late, but I recognized that I could have talked all night. It was an insightful conversation.
I feel this reconnection year will continue. Plus, I hope to check out more restaurants in new cities. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Hailey said...

As always you are more than welcome to come to Texas! We love us some Harmony!

harmony said...

Thanks, Hailey. I looked into, actually. I might. I would love to see you and Cory and meet your boys. Do you have family coming in July or are you heading somewhere?