Sunday, June 28, 2009

Early morning aches

Running Pains. Sorta painful/achy, sorta sweet.
I went running for an hour and a half. I enjoyed it and didn't consider it as painful as it seems now. I think I could have kept going.
I train with two girls that are training for the full marathon. Actually, three girls, I run with, on a regular basis. Jamie, is a run-runner. I don't have a name for her yet. Yesterday, she ran with us and then planned to run a 5k for the colon society at City Park. She is runner, for sure.
I fear that our timed runs will separate us. For instance, I will never be asked to run 3 hours. They have to run 3+ hours, at some point. There are others that are training for the 1/2 marathon, but I haven't run with them. There seems to be a division between the runners and the walkers. I should probably be in the latter group, but have found that I enjoy running. And, I walk everywhere and so I don't need to meet with a group to do this.
I think about running the full marathon. Will I be able to do it? Why not?
I like the girls that I train with and would like to continue to run with them. I wonder what toll a marathon would take on my body. Plus, I enjoy running or the early part of it. Who knows how I will feel in September?
On a side note...my friend, Alecia, who recently reentered my life, got a tattoo of her daughter's feet and initials on her shoulder. I thought it was awesome and it made me remember that I wanted to get a tattoo, myself, to have a visual reminder of Brian and his presence in my life. I have chickened out, until now. I think I am going to get one on the back of my neck. I considered my leg, but know that it will be painful. My aunt tells me that it will be painful wherever I choose to do it. I suppose if I can minimize part of it, it won't seem as difficult.
ENjoy your Sunday. I have a bbq with Mark and Megan later...

No comments: