Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Decisions

I am heading west to Phoenix.
I know...it is trip #2 to Phoenix this year and qualifies as trip #7 for my 12 trips of 2009. I feel more comfortable in the west, I think. Or, I find myself heading that direction more often than east. I think it is because the flights aren't nearly as long. I would love to check out Savannah, Georgia, or New York City, but it is a full day of traveling. I want to go on a trip that is 2-3 days long. Phoenix is a cheap flight and doable.
I called Jan today to make sure that July would be a good time to visit. I know that it will be crazy hot, but I lived down there and so it isn't a surprise. Plus, I can sit poolside, drink wine and enjoy life. I think we might try to check out a Diamondbacks game, too.
I considered goint to Salt Lake City, but my friend has work. I have driven through Salt Lake City, but am interested in driving to Moab or checking out more of the state of Utah. I don't think Margo has time to accomodate me. Margo is a run runner and constantly trail running or at the gym. I know when I am ready to fully embrace running, she is the person that I will seek out. I think we are going to try to do a full marathon in 2010.
I feel confident in Phoenix and enjoy exploring more of the city. I want to stay at the Phoenician or another resort. I really want to be poolside for part of my trip. There are amazing resorts in Phoenix and I have stayed at the Phoenician on a few occasions. I think I will check into other resorts.
I went in February with my friends from high school. We had an excellent time together, but typically I visit Phoenix 2-3 times per year. I am just keeping it honest!
I feel better knowing that I have a destination. I get restless and then become overwhelmed by what to do with my life. Mostly, I want to travel more and so I overwhelm myself with possibilities. I know that Boston/Maine will be in my sights at the end of August and I would like to go somewhere in September, too.
Traveling brightens my day and brings peace to my life. Seriously, if only I could get paid to do it. One day, I will.
Enjoy your night.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I love to travel, too. I also feel more comfortable in the West. But I think that's because I was born and raised in Nevada. We have friends in Phoenix and they want us to come visit, but said November is nice...

Have a great trip, and get lots of pool time!

harmony said...

Very true, November is nice. July will feel like a blow dryer, but I want to see my friends, and I know that there are great restaurants to check out. I will deal with it.
Thank you for the well wishes. I hope to find a new place to become a frequent stop in my traveling.