Monday, June 8, 2009

Intention Board, or as I like to call it, the Vision Board

Each year begins with possibility, opportunity for growth, change and achieving new goals.
I put together my vision board and looking back at it, it is filled with yoga, the prospect of running, food and travel. I suppose it is loaded with these prevalent items--mostly the travel related--since I picked through Travel magazines when putting it together. And, I enjoy traveling and feel that I work so that I can travel and not the other way around. Although, if I could travel to work, I think I would. I think it wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable.
A few months ago, I updated my board by creating a newer version of it. I was bored and wanted to see how my priorities had changed a few months into 2009. I incorporated more words, sayings and sunflowers to exemplify my traveling spirit. Funny, how when I think of sunflowers, I think of Brian and of Kansas. Brian loved sunflowers and brought them several times during our relationship. I grew up in Kansas and so that goes without saying that it is the Sunflower State. Driving across Kansas is awful for those of you who haven't experienced it. It is long, flat and there are stretches where there is nothing to see outside of the interstate. Actually, eastern Colorado is like this, too. I feel that once you get to Hays, you see the beginning of civilization and continue to Salina, where there are multiple truck stops and onward to Lawrence, the only liberal pocket of the State. I love Lawrence and am looking forward to an oatmeal stout at Free State Brewery.
I am off track. My second board has more words. I felt that I needed to be inspired to run and now I am. There was an advertisement in a magazine with the words could, might, will, should scratched out and ARE unscathed. That is how I feel about running now. I am.
I found sayings such as, the Art of Basic, or ways in which in to simplify life. I feel that it is important to enjoy life and a less complicated life. I want ways to accomplish that. I want to recycle and aid the preservation of the earth instead of continuing to destroy it with our wasteful ways.
I wanted ways to be present in the moment. I have a hammock that always calls me and reminds me of my time in Fiji.
Of course there is travel, food and wine. Wine is always in my life, too. I want to head back to California before 2010.
I figure 2009 is halfway done and I am about 50% done with my traveling for the year and the goals that I set out to accomplish. Life is fantastic and running brings me ample time to reflect on the moment and consider more goals.
Be well.

No comments: