Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Lemonade award

I received a lemonade award from Jun Bullan. His blog is the world n me and I enjoy his positive postings and feedback that he writes on my blog. I haven't quite figured out how to post the award on my blog and so I am just writing about it.
I thought it was a wonderful way to begin the day and a positive affirmation that my week is still on the upswing. I have been green in recycling and dining out with new friends. I am going to miss my weekly wine nights with Megan. She leaves at the end of the month to join her husband in D.C. I suppose a visit to D.C. is in the near future. I haven't been there since I was 15 and this way, I can visit Mark and Megan and possibly see Cotten, too. Cotten is a friend of mine from college. He was my GTA for western civ., and we became friends afterwards. I have always respected his opinion/suggestions when considering big changes in my life. I consulted him when I considered my backpacking Greece trip in 2001, and again, when I decided to cancel my trip and move to Denver. He was still accessible to me at that time, since he lived in Lawrence and I was in Lawrence frequently, visiting Michaela and Jeremy.
Now, he lives in Pennsylvania. I asked him if he would meet me in Boston for dinner since he enjoys food as much as I do, but it is a 5 hour drive for him to come to Boston. He mentioned that he could meet me for dinner if I ever made it to D.C. or Philly. A few months later, my friends said they would be relocating there. I feel a trip to D.C. in my future.
If and when I make the time to post the award, I would pass it along to Scarlethue, of A Beautiful Truth and Rachael of Rachael's Carrma. Both of these ladies are reflective, positive and have a great attitude about life.
The Lemonade Award is to be passed on to those who display a positive attitude or a positive gratitude. I feel great to receive it and again, pass it along to Rachel and Scarlet.
Enjoy your day. I am having lunch with Colleen and her newborn. We will check out D Bar Desserts. I wanted mexican, but she cannot eat spicy food since it affects her son. I suppose mexican will have to wait!

3 comments:

scarlethue said...

Aww thanks. I'll have to check out Jun's blog too. I already read Rachel's!

Have a good lunch!

Rachael @ The Little Birdie said...

Oh wow!! Thanks!! I also read scarlethue's, I think that's how I found you! I'll definitely check out Jun's, thanks for the props. :)

harmony said...

Absolutely. I always look foward to your postings.
Thanks, scarlethue, I did a have a lovely lunch! Mac n cheese and a salad. My friend is a new mom and so it was moderately entertaining to watch how aware she was of the effect her kid was having on other diners. She was considerate of their time, not just hers which is refreshing.