Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Parking issues

Yesterday I spoke to my neighbor about the art festival. He, too, felt that the event was intrusive and felt that something should be done about it.
I know someone on the board of directors for the Art League and so I sent him an e-mail. I wanted him to address the parking issue with the board. Typically, with any event/fundraiser, afterwards, you discuss how it went, and how to improve on it. I believe that something can be done about the parking or lack of respect we as a neighborhood are shown. I acknowledged that I knew it wasn't all just the volunteers, but included people that were visiting the festival. However, they could do something to tell people not to park in our spots or be rude when asked to move out of the way. I mean, I watched people on the look-out for when my space was available. It is frustrating since I pay for my spot. It is private property and should be available to me whenever I return home.
Saying that, my e-mail was not rude or hateful. I hope they can do something about it.
Last night, I returned from work at 10:30 pm and of course, there was a car in my spot. After the previous two nights of parking issues, I wasn't a friendly person. I turned my turn signal on and this guy goes---Oh, is this your spot? I said, yes and he backed out and seemed annoyed that I was trying to park in my spot. He never apologized, nor did his friends.
I think that is why I am so worked up about this. It is obvious that it is a private spot and unavailable to the public. I am tired of having to explain that or justify why you cannot park in my spot.
I ran into my neighbor this morning and he commented on it. He said that it wasn't the art league, this time, and that that car has been in my spot on numerous occasions. Apparently, one of my neighbors is a jackass and lets his friends believe it is okay to park there as opposed to parking on the street which my friends do when they visit me. Maybe I should start taking advantage of convenient spots or people. That is really what it is...people being lazy and feeling entitled to do things when they shouldn't. I am ranting and I know that I will not lower myself to this level. I know that it isn't worth it and it isn't me.
Enough. Today will be a good day. I went running with Lindsay at 5:30 and the rest of my day is filled with pleasantries. I have dinner planned with Megan and I am hoping to see my friend, Jennifer, in the afternoon. There is happiness in life.

3 comments:

Rachael @ The Little Birdie said...

It's the happiness in life that helps you deal with the less-happy incidents that pop up from time to time.

I hope you get your parking situation worked out, that is SO frustrating!

:)

scarlethue said...

Maybe you should get a saw horse or two? Something with which you could block your space? You'd have to get out and move it every time you wanted to park, but at least you don't have to argue with a saw horse. You could even paint "Private Space" on it or something. Hopefully your email will do some good though.

harmony said...

I am hoping that the e-mail will do good and I believe my neighbor is posting a sign for me. I park along his fence and so it is a win-win for the both of us. He works from home and so I know he is aware of everything that goes on in this neighborhood.
Yes, I have been frustrated, but it will get better. I know it.