Thursday, June 18, 2009

Currently..........my interactions or energy would suggest...

I keep meeting runners.
I meet people that have had cancer or leukemia.
I meet people that are actively giving back to the community in some way.
I meet people that give me something to think about and consider.
I guess I am attracting this which is fantastic. I feel that it is affirmation that I am on the right path.
Last night, these two girls came in and looked like runners. They had a plastic bag with their i.d.'s and credit cards. They looked like they had just finished a run and so eventually, I asked them about it. They said, they had only run a half mile, but were unmotivated today. Plus, they would run back:)
I told them about my training and how excited I am about it. I am enjoying runnng and think about all of the times, I have tried to take it up, only to fail because I convinced myself that I do not like it.
Nevertheless, immediately, we had this connection or bond. They were full of encouragement and suggestions. When they paid me with their cards, one of them wrote "good luck" on the receipt.
A night before, I waited on the manager from Runner's Roost. I bought my Saucony's from Runner's Roose and know that I will be purchasing more shoes when I wear these ones out. I knew they were runners because of how they looked and what they were wearing. The guy was more accomodating, but once I told them about my training, the girl opened up and had suggestions for me.
Today, I have a day off, but it is full of errands. I am canceling my membership to Core Power since I will have a gym membership, compliments of Megan, for the next 5 months for a total of $50. I love the yoga studio, but with running, I am not able to attend as many classes and $120 a month seems a bit much. Also, lately, the classes have been huge and unregulated. I want some peace while working out. I do not enjoy being surrounded by people while trying to relax or have a spiritual experience. I have given it much thought and feel that I should take a break for awhile. Plus, the gym offers yoga classes, in addition to ab work and aroebics--I think. I am excited for this change in my exerise regiment.
I hope to attract more good people and affirmations to my life. Today is a good day...

1 comment:

scarlethue said...

You made me smile on a day I really needed it and reminded me that we're in control of how we feel and how we react to things. I hope your positive attitude brings lots of positive things into your life. Thank you!