Sunday, June 14, 2009

I don't understand........

I returned to Denver to find the art festival behind my house. I was annoyed because someone was parked in my parking space and I remember how difficult it was to maneuver through this last year. I think it is a wonderful festival, but not run well since it conflicts with the neighborhood. I wish they had a better solution to picking up the artwork or at least, enabling me a way into my parking spot.
This guy that frequents the Bull and Bush, saw me pull up, yesterday and commented that I looked angry. I explained to him and his lady friend, that I was annoyed and this was why. I continued with the fact that I apologized to the guys that were parked in my spot for being so upset, but remembered last year's crap. I told them that it was a flashback and that I shouldn't have been that worked up about it. Funny, in hind sight, they weren't really listening to me, since the guy was justifying why they were parking in my spot. They needed to unload supplies and weren't given a spot. That was why they felt it okay to park in my spot.
Nevertheless, Michael, the bar regular listened to my story, as did his lady. I looked at her, and said, oh, hello, how are you and what would you like to drink? She said--I was just thinking about how last week, I was on the other end of verbal abuse over a parking and my brother died of cancer two years ago, and so why does that matter?
WHAT?
Did I ask for your opinion?
I wanted to ask Michael to tell his girlfriend, that I had experienced loss too, but didn't feel it necessary to justify why something shouldn't matter.
I am positive about many aspects of my life. I am thankful, too. However, I do get upset when people are rude or take my space--that I pay for and depend on--after driving 6 hours on 4 hours of sleep. Plus, I felt it absurd that this person that I don't even know is judging me because her brother died. Really? No one else has experienced loss, shame, love, happiness? Just you. WOw, it must be nice to live on her island.
Later, I still had to wait on her, but it was different. I was pleasant, but she didn't want to order from me.

No comments: