Thursday, June 25, 2009

Like I said--Live in the moment....

Today has been a crazy day.
I heard about Farrah Fawcett and was saddened by her loss.
Cancer is awful. I have known/met many people that have been affected by this disease. I was sad; yet, not surprised. I'll admit--I watched Charlie's Angels. I am a product of the 70's. I mean, my name is Harmony. Obviously there are hippies in my life.
I slept.
I woke up.
I saw some random message on facebook about Michael Jackson.
Wow! That threw me.
I didn't know what to think.
I know.
He has been different.
I know he was accused of being a pedophile. And yes, I know what that means and what it implies.
Still, I was overcome with loss. I was sad. I couldn't believe this happened. There was a radio staion in Denver that had a tribute to the King of Pop. The DJ commented on the fact that she had been in the biz for 30 years and on only 3 occasions been affected by the news--John Lennon's passing, Columbine and MJ. Wow. I agree.
I think of my childhood and what he represented.
I was happy that she played--Billie Jean, PYT, Got To be There and Ben. Of course, ABC, too.
I went to work and heard about Jeff Goldblum. Sad. Super sad. And it isn't necessary to know exactly what happened with him. He fell.
That is all I heard.
Live in the moment. Be happy.
Even with cancer and knowing that the end is near, it is still a surprise when it happens. Life is short, precious and amazing. Be happy today, in this moment and find peace.

2 comments:

Rachael @ The Little Birdie said...

Today was a sad day indeed... the death of icons like MJ rock the entire planet. In spite of his faults, he was an incredible person, and his legacy will live on in the hearts of fans everywhere!

On the plus side... the Jeff Goldblum story has since been proved to be a media hoax. So he didn't die after all. :)

Have a great weekend!

P.S. That mozzarella/onion pizza sounds SOOO good!

harmony said...

Oh, it is amazing good. I tried it while in Buenos Aires and became an avid fan. If you find it where you are, let me know:) I am travel friendly these days.
I agree with Michael Jackson having an amazing legacy. I am sad by his loss and of course there are people that are overwhelmed and people focusing only on the negative aspects of his life. I find that difficult, too. Having the media follow you, your friends (if you are able to have any), family, kids has got to be extremely trying. I am not suggesting that it justifies what he did or didn't do. I feel that our society helped make him a circus freak.
I am saddened by his loss.